Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break!

Today was the second day of my spring break! Wooooo! Haha. So instead of asking more time at work, which I should have, I decided that I needed this "off" time. So far its blissful! Although, the weather could be a lot better, I think it's better than having snow, which I hear is what we are going to have Friday and Saturday! BLAH! Oh well. We can't control mother nature, so it is what it is. I hope this time people will appreciate summer a lot more this year since this winter has extended its stay!

Today, was a lot of Fear Vs Knowledge and I let fear win, for a good hour. Darn!

I was watching this extraordinary documentary called "The Beautiful Truth" and I got to say, it's pretty damn good! So informative! It was like a soup full of knowledge and I'm just eating it and eating it up! There was a part though that completely scared the bejezuz out of me. It was about the material they use in fillings and I currently have three. They say they have mercury in them and can cause chronic diseases, autoimmune diseases, birth defects and so on...well, too make a long story short, I stopped the movie, went on the internet in the fury, and kept screaming at my mom "I'm going to DIE! MOM! YOU KILLED ME BC YOU SENT ME TO A STUPID DENTIST! I'M GOING TO DIE!"

My American Psycho moment.

....(hahahaha, I'm bit of a drama queen.) But I did a bit of research and it seems like all of these mercury business was back in the 1970's, I still want to do some more research just to be safe, but I can definitely say I've chilled out.

PHEW! (P.S. Sorry to everyone I've texted during my temporary moment of a meltdown.)

I've yet to finish the documentary but so far I love it! Click for the link here!

After a while, my dad came from work and he sat down to watch this documentary (as you can see, my family and I are a bunch of documentary nerds) Its called "America Tsunami: Are we next?" My dad called me over and said "Hey, I want you to watch this." I got to say, its pretty scary stuff but as we were watching it, he looked over and said "You know, your sister Belen didn't want to see this because she says she gets scared and doesn't want to know about anything bad but I told her, 'this is not to scare people, its to educate them.' ...Them some powerful words dad and he is so right. I love my papa, he is so wise. :)

So people of earth! Knowledge beats Fear. It should...every damn TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment