Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello world

This is weird. I feel like I'm just wearing underwear and standing in the middle of downtown during rush hour. I want to begin by saying "sorry." Sorry for having such horrible grammar. That is the only thing I will apologize for, because what I want to say, what I am going to write, might offend other people. It is not my intention, but if that is how I feel, then that is what I feel. I am not sorry for that.

Today, I had sort of an epiphany.

Epiphany-(from the ancient Greek ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia, "manifestation, striking appearance") is the sudden realization or comprehension of the (larger) essence or meaning of something.

I do not believe in church. I do not believe the people that are behind the scenes of the Roman Catholic Church. It is all politics, lies, deceits. BUT I believe in God. I believe in a higher being, the one that gives me the opportunity to see my family everyday and lets me open up my eyes to live another day. I believe in the power of praying. I believe in the power of love. I believe in the power of unity. I will be forever thankful to God for letting me be born, for breathing life into me every day and every night.

See, my mother took a million pills, x-rays, and other drugs that were given to her by doctors to cure her "stomach pain". But in reality, she was pregnant with me. My mom prayed, my mom begged, and she prayed some more so that I could be born into a healthy child once she found out about me. Here I am, 23, 10 fingers and 10 toes, writing a blog about being thankful everyday for being alive and I give thanks to God. I know God is there, I know God is with me. But I will not stand behind a religion that has been proven over and over again to be a shadow of lies. Fakers.

I am moving on to a brighter future. One without negative people that I am constantly surrounded with. Specifically that one person that irks me at work, home, circle of friends? I have no time for you. I have no time for your darkness that is trying to block my sunshine. I am a diamond in the rough. Ready to get messy but hopefully make it alive through my journey of love, freedom, peace. From now on, I am going to better myself for me. For you, for this world.....for me.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. This is so good! You can only go up from here! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this quote in Coach Carter. It is originally by Marianne Williamson. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

    ReplyDelete