Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Scratch paper...it's not just for phone messages.

Today, was one of those days were I had to put one sock at a time, one shoe at a time, one pant leg at a time..you get what I'm saying. I was woken up and apparently not on the right side of the bed (by the way, which side is the right one? I WANT TO KNOW, SO THAT I MUST WAKE FROM THAT SIDE AT ALL TIMES!)

Cute moment* my sister knew there was something wrong as I woke up, got up and hugged me and said "I don't know what is wrong and you don't have to tell me, but here you go" I love her.

Still with that burning sensation in my heart and no it was not heart burn. I decided to get a piece of scratch paper and decided to write what I loved and damn it, it helped. Here is what I wrote.

I love Duchess. I love my mom. I love my dad. I love my sister Diana. I love my sister Belen. I love my sister Anahi. I love my bed. I love my smile. I love Julia. I love Michelle. I love the sun. I love fall. I love the fall breeze. I love sweaters. I love walks with my puppy. I love to read. I love to laugh. I love comedy. I love to watch food shows. I love food. I love when people tell me I'm beautiful. I love people who love me. I love the beach. I love swimming. I love to see people happy. I love to see people make other people happy. I love downtown. I love walking downtown. I love movies. I love movies that inspire. I love music. I love music that inspires. I love talking to nice people on the phone at work. I love talking to my sister about twilight. I love seeing my puppy happy. I love braids. I love Pandora. I love road trip games. I love the road. I love thinking of my future. I love everything that will be with me in my future. I love writing. I love pictures. I love funny pictures. I love dancing. I love random dancing with my sisters and coworkers. I love him. I love Him. I love to love. I love that this is actually soothing my heart. I love nature. I love talking about positive things with friends. I love cursive writing. I love to think about funny moments at random times. I love seeing people look at me like I'm crazy when I'm doing the former. I love that my puppy follows me all the time. I love to sing in the shower. I love to color while I'm waiting for my food at a restaurant that provides crayons...

As I wrote, I would say everything out loud. I think the word love slowly cooled the burning sensation of my heart.

I recommend you try doing this when you are down...and even when you are not down. It will help you remember that you love so much and your heart is ever growing. Believe me...I'm not done with this list. I stopped because A) I was on my fourth scratch paper...and B) I was still on the clock. Shhhh. heheheh....


Love will always save you, it should never hurt you...

p.s. I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment