Saturday, June 18, 2011

Today, there are no worries...

Because I will be in heaven! I will be in the company of my cousin and we will both be enjoy the enchanting hard edge loving voice of one Ms. Florence Welch. I can't wait. I'm getting pumped up by listening to ALL OF HER SONGS. Sigh....I'm so happy that I will be seeing such a wonder from heaven. She is angel and her songs are coming straight from the journal of my heart.


This week, well, this week was nothing short of up and downs. So many things to be happy for. Definitely had two great shifts at work and I think God heard me when I said to take care of me because I didn't do any mistakes and it was smooth sailing for me. Phew! And getting that extra money was of course a great bonus for my adventure next week with the love of my life, my soulmate, my friend that holds my heart, the boy with that smile. Le sigh...I love him.

So I'm getting sick of this social network people like to call Facebook. I'm over and done with it. I mean, it was a great concept don't get me wrong. Everyone has found everyone whom they gone to kindergarten with, grade school, high school, college, the person they peed next to in the bathroom from the mall, the person they said hi to once in a concert, the....well, you get what I'm trying to say. I was eavesdropping on a few girls who I was serving the other night and they were talking about facebook. Here is how it went (I have great memory)

(pseudo names have been given to protect their identity, lol)
Girl 1:"Wow, I can't believe I've finally see you again since five years ago."
Girl 2:"I know! I'm so happy that you called me!"
Girl 1:"Well, Laura gave me your number when I saw her at whole foods the other day"
Girl 3:"Yeah, I was like remember Jenny? From NIU? and she said 'Yeah, how is she?!' and then here we are!"
Girl 2"That's amazing. I really love that we can all get to hang out and get away from our busy lives."
Girl 1:"Yes! And if we had facebook, none of this would have happened. Because I would have just gone to your page look at your pictures and see what you have been up to and it would end there."
Girl 3:"I completely agree. That's what I do instead of catching up over lunch or dinner with a friend. It's gotten me so lazy."
Me:"Hi ladies, can I get you another glass of wine?"

Jeez, I'm such an interrupter.... lol.

But they are so right. Facebook has made people lazy. I'm not saying get ready of facebook because I know it was a lot of pros. You might have family out of state and can't see them every day and they can see what you are up to and feel like they see you every day. But when your friend is literally one block away and you post on her wall "I miss you" then geez, get up  you lazy ass! :)

Gonna go get ready for the party of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment