Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Yelled till they were pink and blue...

It might be the horrible frigid weather, the lack of sunlight, or the extra pounds everyone is trying to hide, but everyone is just super grouchy and it makes me so upset.

This morning the metra was a mess because a train was short a car due to mechanical problems, therefore it was full to the brim. Passengers were squeezing in and staring menacingly at the people literally at the edge of the door trying to bully them into making more room for them. It was impossible. So the people left behind marched right back in to the station to take their frustration at the poor ticket lady. I know that people have every right to be upset for having to get to work late without it being their fault. Time is money, I get it. But why yell at the poor lady behind the window who's only job is to inform and give you your tickets. I mean, a line formed and one by one everyone asked her the same damn question and she gave the same and courteous answer. It's not like she was withholding information or extra trains just for fun. Cursing and yelling was all I heard and It took every ounce in my body not to get up and yell at them, but in the end I would just be like them.

My point is, if you find yourself at the brink of an outburst, remember this

"...let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger..." -James 1:19

And...

"No one likes a grouchy pants." -Me

No comments:

Post a Comment